… The Fused Wireless Programme!
We go out weekly at 21.00 on Thursday evenings (UK Time), with a two hour show on Fylde Coast Radio!
There are slight variances within the show from week to week, but essentially we cover the same broad genres within a specific area of music – see below for the whimsical selection methodology we employ week-to-week;
- 1st Thursday of the month = Fused – ‘On This Day In History’, linking tracks to events and UK/US #1s from the past
- 2nd Thursday of the month = FuseBox – a random pre-selection from the Fused archive
- 3rd Thursday of the month = InFuse – when we clear out our Inbox, featuring recent releases and independent electronic artists
- 4th Thursday of the month = RE:Fuse – a themed show following a single thread/idea, in the loosest possible sense
- 5th Thursday of the month = DeFuse – something different on the rare occasion of a fifth Thursday in the calendar month
Presented by Myk.XLR playing, in essence, post-punk, new wave alt.music of the late 70s/80s in our ‘Seven From The Double-O‘ segment, to where that scene has taken us subsequently through New Romanticism, Goth, Psycho-billy, Synthpop, etc., with forays before and after for variety – which can include anything from Big Band/Jazz/Blues, Avant-garde & Experimental, Ska/Reggae/Blue Beat, Northern Soul, sub-chart/club sounds of the 80s/90s, Industrial/EBM (and their respective sub-genres), though not necessarily all in one show!
Ultimately, if we like it, we play it, bearing in mind that we tend to dream of electric sheep, which might explain how the show is put together and the format in which it is oft presented.
We also operate a ‘chatroom’ by way of a Facebook Group. Feel free to post at any time, leave a message, a request (within the Fused genre universe), or just say “Hi!”.
You can also find us in all the usual places, check the links to the right here > > >
After the event, The Fused Wireless Programme is made available on Mixcloud as a ‘Listen Again‘ service, for anyone who is unable to tune in for the live broadcast of any given show – we’re more than sensitive to the fact that having a global audience is offset by time zone differentials. In addition Mixcloud provides an archive of past shows.
These archived shows are also available on this site on the, erm, ‘Archive‘ pages, including the playlists for each (not available on Mixcloud).
While we are based in Blackpool, Lancashire in the north west of England, our outlook is global and inclusive.